Sponsors & Partners
We welcome our sponsors & partners
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Twitter
RFC India Youtube channel
- RFC India acknowledges the support of the following prominent players among the growing Indian 4x4 community:
Aravli offroad Adventures Association of Offroaders Nagaland BODA Offroaders Bangalore BowFass Motorsports CHARMINAR OFFROAD ADVENTURE CLUB Extreme Offroaders Mumbai Gerrari Offroaders 4x4 India Jeepers Of Bangalore Kolkata Offroaders KTM Jeepers Northern India Offroad Club 4x4 Offroaders Club Off Road Club of Gujarat Pune Pathfinders 4x4 Terrain Tigers
RFC InternationalThe year 1997 saw the launch of one of the world’s most demanding 4x4 extreme off-road events in Malaysia, baptized as The Rainforest Challenge (RFC). Conceptualized and founded by Luis J.A.Wee, it follows the motto of the survival of the fittest, not only in terms of physical fitness but also mental endurance. RFC is an extremely tough challenge for all 4×4 fanatics who dream of taking on a jungle adventure with all its hardship, endurance and extremities; especially as its core philosophy requires for the event to be organized in the rainforests during monsoons. Struggled out intensely over ten days in rugged and unforgiving terrain, the event showcases action, drama, camaraderie and heroism. It takes competitors through mud, drenching rain, steep slippery slopes, deep ruts, gullies, flooded rivers, and landslides that are mercilessly demanding and dangerous.
RFC has won accolades as the World’s Top Ten Toughest Motor Races (2013) and is a Top Ten winner in Malaysia’s Most Spectacular Sports Tourism Events (2003). It features in the Malaysia Book of Records for being the Biggest Gathering of 4x4 Vehicles (972) and Most Countries Represented in a 4X4 Event (27 nations)... More>
Cougar Motorsport is a proud winner of the Motorsport Award of the Year for 2015 from CNBC TV18-Overdrive, Event of the Year Award at the 2015 Off Road Awards powered by EVO India and Motorsport Star of the Year Golden Steering Award from AutoBild-Headlines Today.
The inaugural RFC India was held at Goa from August 8 to 14, 2014 where 22 teams of Indian off-roaders joined the ranks of the world 4X4 community to upgrade the skills of man and machine with real live action and learning by competing over 7 days across 24 Special Stages validated by experts from RFC International. This was followed by a Bigger, Badder & Tougher Season 2 at Goa from July 24 to 31, 2015, with another 22 teams competing over 8 days across 26 Special Stages.
Irresponsible off-road driving has the potential to considerably impact the natural environment where it takes place. Apart from carefully planning the route to avoid any environmentally sensitive regions, RFC India has an environment charter that all organizers, competitors and officials are required to sign thereby committing to respect its terms.
Key elements of the charter include:
- No standing trees or plants will be cut or damaged
- Failure to use a tree trunk protector during winching operations will result in a DNS being recorded for the SS
- Participants will drive to campsites in an organized convoy, within speed limits and only on marked tracks
- Participants will remove any fallen trees blocking the track and not drive around them
- Participants will ensure that they do not endanger the lives of any birds and animals
- Any vehicle with excessive emissions will be disqualified from participation
- Campsites, assembly, holding and work areas, will be left clean
- All participants will carry garbage bags and take all their garbage and dispose it in the municipal waste disposal bins. No garbage will be buried or left behind
- Where toilets are not available, participants will be required to dig a hole and bury “night soil” at least 100 meters away from camp sites and watercourses
An “Environment Award” is given to any competitor or group of competitors who show the most care and attention to the preservation of the environment, to promote the 4 wheel drive and off-road movement as a responsible user of public land.
Cougar Motorsport Pvt. Ltd.,
15 Barakhamba Road
New Delhi 110001
43552974 / 9212174242